Monday, April 16, 2007

Sunday was significant


I realized Sunday that I have now let go of control over the trip. All wheels are in motion, bags are mostly packed, I have that tiny short list of "stuff" I still need (I had to pack to find out what it was), we were prayed over at church both in my women's Sunday School class (thank you Mary) and in the service. WE ARE READY...

Now for the really important decisions -- what reading material do I take on the plane, what snacks to pack, do I get an aisle seat? Can I get Internet access at Heathrow?

Also where are my life insurance policies, how will my family pay the bills if need be, what do I want done with what's left of me if something awful happens. I know it's morbid, but leaving Bill 12,000 miles behind made me think about a lot of things I needed to do to make sure he would be ok. Actually, I took care of most of this a couple of weeks ago, but it's still on my mind.

Laureen has finished the layout for the "Memory Book" pages and I think it's going to be just fine. I am praying that the children will enjoy the activity and that it will be something they will remember and treasure for a long time.

I saw Stanley at church and bid him godspeed, and said "See you in Nairobi!"

Whoo hoo! it's almost here....

No comments: