Sunday, April 1, 2007

April is HERE

18 days to Kenya.

Packing is starting. Friends who have children they sponsor are asking us about taking gifts. My dear friend Laureen (partner in "crime" and plots) is not feeling well but is going to go on the trip anyway. She has a great attitude and we will just slow down for her. The whole pace of life is much different there anyway, so, no worries! We'll pick her up and carry her if we need to. She must go. She who must be obeyed has spoken. (ha)

Today was spent starting to get my affairs in order. After all, I am going many many miles way aways far away -- that part is just starting to sink in - an 18 hour plane trip. I have trouble flying to Boston. oooohhhhh. My friend Janice gave me some good advice -- she washes her face and brushes her teeth when it is time to "go to sleep" on the plane, she says that sticking to her regular routine helps her settle down -- Makes sense to me. I am listening to all advice and am currently doing research on avoiding jet lag -- actually, not being able to sleep is my biggest worry.

I re-wrote my list this morning. Not so bad. I will accomplish a few things every day, and what doesn't get done, doesn't get done.

We had another beautiful day here -- I spent some time unloading the wonderful load of horse compost from June and discovered the culprits who have been eating my lettuce -- little house sparrows! bird nets were quickly installed to foil the little boogers. They sit on the edge of the garden box and have lunch! Also the paint and linoleum for the laundry room have been picked out -- more progress!

Right now I am counting everything as progress! Now if I can just make sense of my camera, I will be fine.

No comments: