Friday, April 13, 2007

jet lag management

Oh, the things that I am obsessed with right now. Once I got the itinerary from Laureen, I realized that not only are we in the air for nearly 19 hours, we have a long layover in London and lose 10 hours along the way (since we are going east). Basically, we switch night for day. I have trouble changing to Daylight Savings!

So. Since we are leaving about 9 pm Wednesday our time, that is nearly dawn in London. We are going to sleep late on Wednesday, and stay up all night (except maybe for a short nap). We get to London at 3:30 local time and then we will TRY to stay awake until we get on the plane to Nairobi. That is an overnight, arriving at 6:30 am. Then we stay up all day, until that night. This is supposed to help you make the switch easier. That's the theory. And you're supposed to do all this without caffeine!

Sure.

I can just hear Dr. Phil saying, "So how you think that's gonna work for ya?"

The rain keeps moving forward in the forecast. I don't know whether to believe that thing or not. I think I'll try another weather service. I wonder if the Kenyan weathermen are any better at predicting than our guys.

I am almost packed. How's that for a little OCD....?

1 comment:

Claudia said...

April 16th is almost here! I'm so excited for you. Don't know if I could do the l o n g flight, or the day/night switch though. Good luck and God's speed to you and all.