Monday, April 9, 2007

peace

I have come nearly to the end of my multitude of lists, recopied, scratched out, reorganized, redone, retyped and torn up. All that remains is to find a little gift for my kids in Masii and put it all in suitcases. I have everything I need and I have been overwhelmed this past week by the generosity and kindness of my friends and family. Everyday, I hear from another one who either says they will pray for us or sends a check or both. I value the prayers as much as the money. We will be blessed by this trip no matter what happens. Rain, shine or earthquake (do they have earthquakes in Kenya? - I don't care...I'm not afraid of no stinkin' earthquake! we from California! )

After consultation with Stanley, we have discovered that the mission in Masii does not have a television or a boombox of any kind and they have been renting them for each VBS. This is a way that we can really leave something that they will be able to use, so we will shop in Nairobi before we go to Masii. This doesn't mean that we can't meet other needs. After all, there are 12 people going and most of us have love gifts that we are carrying with us to be used as we are led to.

Tonight, I received a text message from a friend of my daughter's who calls me Momma Jean who says "let's get together this week, I have goat-buying money!"

Tyler, you are my favorite "adopted" son.

There is going to be a goat in Kenya named the "Ice Man."

No comments: