Saturday, March 31, 2007

a little better


We had our pre-trip Kenyan dinner tonight at Stanley and Rose's house. Very delicious meat stew with vegetables, little packets of fried dough with meat inside, a very good tomato salad, and several other delicious dishes. We also picked up several bags each of toiletries that the staff at Hope University in Fullerton collected for the children and since we are all taking two suitcases, we are each filling one with these extra things for the kids. Rose and Stanley are delightful people, very happy and joyous, and are an inspiration. They are truly an example of the difference one or two people can make and they have reached out to many people in southern California and Arizona. Tumaini now has sponsors for over 500 children. Here's the website for anyone who is interested in what they are doing. www.tumainiinternational.org

When Bill and I got home, the moon was coming up. It was full, and it occurred to me that the next time I see it full will be in Masai Mara on safari...pretty cool.

I built my rock tower (my Ebenezer stone) today. (4-6-07 -- I finally took a picture and added it to the blog -- see above)

I still feel like time is going faster and faster but I did make a little progress today. Once I get to the airport, there will be no watch, no worries and I will be in the moment.

Tomorrow is April!!

No comments: