Saturday, March 3, 2007

Bill

Going to Kenya without Bill has been a hard thing to do. I agonized for a couple of weeks last September before I even asked him. I had to decide for myself that I really wanted to go. Once I did ask him, of course he said yes. We travelled all over South America together in the 70's but have not been any where since we came back from Peru in 1981. He is no longer able to do the difficult trips (like this one) due to his MS and the wheelchair, but you KNOW he will be there with me in spirit -- and I am going to take lots of pictures! It was actually much harder for me to decide to go without him than it was for him to say yes. I will miss him, we used to have a great time travelling. At least this time I will have my Pathway girls -- Laureen, Debbie, Janice, and Teri -- and watch out Nairobi, here we come!

No comments: