Friday, March 30, 2007

confusion

I have had the most awful week. Much confusion everywhere. My lists keep getting longer instead of shorter. The time is slipping away.

At home we are having the laundry room redone (the laundry room?). People take for granted the ability to do laundry at home. Due to very old plumbing in this old house of ours, wash water frequently overflows in places you would rather not know about, making doing wash at home virtually impossible. After nearly 5 years of laundromat visits and waiting for the promised sewer line -- I have given up and we are installing a "grey line" to put the wash water into a sump in the ground where it will water a lovely tree. This will improve our quality of life enormously. But in the meantime, everything is torn up, decisions about the floor and paint need to be made and a new washer and dryer must be bought.

All of this added on to travel preparations, the training I am doing for work, gardening, cooking and doctor appointments. It goes on and on. I am feeling as if I am swirling in a drain trying to grab the edge of the sink and my hands keep slipping off.

Things are starting to get lost. I can't find the accessories for my camera. I think I left them at work but I don't know. I still haven't been able to figure out how to post pictures to this blog.

I need to get a grip.

Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: